Monday, July 9, 2012

Happy Birthday My Brother!

Ahh today is my brother's birthday!   Happy Birthday Shaner!   And we have puddles...what a gift.   I am so blessed to have such amazing family...my brother being a big part.   We have always been close and remain so...though we don't always talk often...or text...or see each other...we FEEL each other.   Out of the blue...usually a blue day...he calls me...or I need to call him.   We know the other is there...and for that I am thankful!

There is a song by Bob Seger that always reminds me of him.   Beautiful Loser...No my brother is far from a loser...he is probably one of the most amazing people I know...I am sure all because of having such a big sister as I....or perhaps in spite of!   God has blessed us both with an abundance of LOVE in our lives!

Anyway the part in that song that makes me think of him is..."He's your oldest and your best friend...if you need him he'll be there again..."


So I come across Kid Rock's version at Sturgis...WITH TRAVELIN MAN...yes we know these songs go together...and I think of Travelin Man...and I think of my brother...and I do think these are the memories that make me a wealthy soul!!  

I say Happy Birthday My Brother and I love you LOTS!!!!

Love  ya,
SISTA

No comments:

Post a Comment