Sunday, July 22, 2012

Fun, Citing...Safe

I started this and then...just didn't finish...so I start back up today...as I am not sure what happened to Saturday...And I sit here reflecting on my day Friday...hanging out with my two most favoritest girls...FIRECRACKER and her mama!   I went into work...where my computer was not working...but since I wasn't going to be there long...did what I could on others and then went to the chiropractor.   He gave me an adjustment for sure...and today I think I feel it...but feels good getting back in...ANYWAY...back to my day...

I had agreed to meet up with my daughter, Heather, and her daughter, miss Izzy Bell as she refers to herself sometimes.  We would be shopping for Aunt Aum's bridal shower...which is rapidly approaching.   So the old Oppy and I headed off after my appointment to Colorado Springs...after a little delay in the traffic on the ole I-25, we met at the Olive Garden...in which I must say was pretty tasty.  The girls showed up in their matching "Jay 4 ever in our hearts t-shirts" and the Firecracker decked out in her flip flops like mom...jean shorts because she doesn't have capri's and her hair in a pony tail...cause that's what Mom had.  They are both so beautiful and amazing to me!   So blessed to have them in my life!   The Firecracker is getting so grown up and her and the waiter seemed to have their own connection.  I am sure if he would have known the extra olives were for her she would have received more than she did...

Izzy and her Mama on the train (Oppy's phone)
After lunch, it was time for some shopping...so we headed for the ice cream mall.   For you that do not know...the Chapel Hills mall contains a Dairy Queen...turns out one little Firecracker likes her some ice cream.   But while there we couldn't help but notice the train.   Have you seen it travel through the mall...well Izzy loves trains...one of her standards is "Down by the station..."  So before we left we went to the find the train.  In which Izzy went up to the service desk and asked them how to get to their train.   I love that her mom lets her be independent but her mom is pretty much so...so what do you expect!!   


On the way to look for the train...we stopped at an All Things Catholic store...and what do you think we found?   A little angel that said Isabel.   A special gift I think because we do not always find anything that is spelled the same...and we also found an Autumn...and as Heather went to pay, there were two older women there at the check out...I was back a ways but they asked something about Heather having her husband on her shirt...Heather explained he was killed in the line of duty and showed them the back.   The women asked many questions and seemed to be touched by her...as I am quite often. 

Well after the girls had their train ride...we made it to the Hobby Lobby and Marshall's.  Well the Hobby Lobby was about enough for one Oppy and one little Firecracker and so at Marshall's they chose to go grab a drink and hang out in the truck.   When we came out of the store...there is the old Ford pickup with every window open...including the back...and one little Isabel in the back and begins hollering at us.   It was quite obvious these two were having fun.  Oppy said that Izzy had driven them several places...even Washington D.C. while we were in there.   They had also found some "junk" as these two like their junk.  Heather asked if Izzy wanted to go eat and she said I had some junk.   Oppy said it was just one chewy jolly rancher...

But then the Firecracker came up to the front seat and is just giggly...pretty wound up.   I asked about her and Oppy and their Dr. Peppers...But she kept giggling and loving on her mama and then she proceeds to lick her mama's face...a trick that reminded one of either her daddy or her uncle LaLa...probably both so the poor little girl doesn't stand a chance...but it was just good seeing joy in these two girls...


I suppose some may think I talk a lot about my kids...my granddaughter...but I think that if you think someone is special...you should let them know!   That way they know they are special...they know that God made them special!   I write these stories for one little Firecracker...Isabel...Izzy Bell...Izzy...Peanut...partially because I am just crazy about her but also that maybe one day she will look at these and realize how much she is loved!!

And perhaps you wonder about the Fun, Citing, and safe...well this seems to be Isabel criteria when she has tried to convince me to do something she will say It'll be fun Ahma!   Then came it will be "Citing" (that's exciting) and then she finally told me SAFE!   I guess she thinks that is the one that will put me over the edge...

Our day was all of the above...I think of recent events that individuals thought that it would be Fun, citing and safe...my heart goes out to those individuals in Aurora that lost their lives as they went to a movie...I don't understand some of the evil in the world...but it does make us realize we don't know how much time we have...and always thankful for days of joy that you can tuck in your heart...

And so my kids head off to see the Hag tonight (that is if you know who she is...sorry couldn't resist Ty) NO Merle Haggard is at the Cheyenne Frontier Days...I think of my cousin Wendy and I hopping a bus from Limon to Denver...MANY years ago...to go see the old Okie from Muskogee...Miss Isabel has plans to go to Fort Collins and hang out with Grammy...and I am sure she will try to talk her into something FUN, CITING, and SAFE! 

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment