Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Who am I...

This blog had a section to talk "About Me".   That is an interesting thought as I have the words from Who Am I by Casting Crowns playing on my computer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjhxOv9YDag  How do I describe who I am in such a short space actually in any space for that matter.   I think I ask daily who am I...what am I going to be when I grow up...what is my reason for being here...you know the questions!


My dad would always say with pride that he was a "plumber by trade".   It was as though his profession was how he could easily describe himself.   (Well that is maybe until he became a Grandpa "Hoopee":).   So professionally part of my title includes COORDINATOR...that is an interesting description and in many ways it fits.  But while that may be who I am by "trade"...It really doesn't completely describe who I am.


I think a big part of who I am is a child of God but I am also a wife, mother, sister, daughter, aunt, cousin, friend, and this new phase in my life GRANDMOTHER!!    But I am not just Izzy's Grandma, Tim's wife, Heather and Lance's mom, Shane's sister, Jim and Peg's daughter, Bessie's granddaughter...you get the idea.   However, so many of these special people are part of who make me--me!


My husband of almost 30 years--Tim is my "shepherd".   He is just that type of personality...maybe I'll go into that in more detail some other time but I must say that we have been on quite a journey together.


My daughter Heather, a very special person in my life, is married to my "Favorite Son-in-Law" Jay and they have the most adoreable little girl, Isabel Marie, who was born June 27, 2009.   Before she was born--(because none of the rest BUT ME knew she was a girl)...I called her Firecracker because she was supposed to join us around the 4th of July.   And while her Daddy calls her Peanut and we call her Izzy most of the time...she definitely is a Firecracker!


My baby boy (okay he is working on being half way to AARP), Lance, is also a pride and joy to my life.  He works for Otterbox and I must say I am so fascinated that he could have such an awesome job he enjoys just dealing with "smart phone" covers.  But although he is an "accountant" by trade--he loves raising and showing sheep and cattle.   I think he works to support his livestock "habit".   Those in agriculture know what I am saying!!


I have some very special nieces and nephews and adopted "kids" that bring me such joy!  My brother who I adore also married well and gave me the "sister" I never had.   I also have more "brothers and sisters" and another special sister from Tim's family as well as his folks.   I have lots of FAMILY that is very important to me and a big part of who I am.   Then there are FRIENDS...I guess I just have to say my cup runneth over.


So depending on the day...who I am can be hard to say...but every day I am thankful for the blessings in my life and continuing on this journey of the woman I hope to be....so with that said I will just end on "Life is good" even if I don't know exactly who I am!   But if you figure it out...please let me know!



lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment