Thursday, October 28, 2010

Prayer

So since I started my kitchen table journey, it seems as though I get "words for the day".  Yesterday was Prayer!  

When I started this daily journaling (I have always journaled but not as consistent as daily) I mostly was writing down things I had read, things going on with others.    But then one day my mom's cousin was hurt and we were asked to pray for her.   So I started my "list".   I put her name and a few words that I wanted to pray about.   Well then someone special had an awful experience and so I put her on my list with some words.   And so my list grew...

At the top of this page I had taken from my living Bible from 1 John 5:15..."And if we really know He is listening when we talk to Him and make our requests, then we can be sure that He will answer us."    As I said, my list grew so when I moved on to the next section--I put at the top Philipians 4:6 "Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God your needs and don't forget to thank Him for his answers."   This one made me stop and realize that not only did I need to ask...but I needed to give thanks!  I have tried to think more about when someone asks me to pray for someone that I take note.   Being as forgetful as I am the list helps...it also helps when I can go through and see the answered ones!

It is funny how some days that I will be going through my list and how some people just seem to jump out at me.   Or some I have to add new words to...And while I am working on my praying some days I feel fuzzy...at my kitchen table one morning I wrote, "Do you suppose sometimes when I pray I sound like I am talking in a drive thru speaker.  I am glad God can understand me--even when I don't understand myself."

Have a good one!
lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment