Thursday, December 19, 2013

Whoa Aunt Betty Wham ba lam...Happy B day!!

Today the birthday of a special special person to me...my mom's sister...Aunt Betty!    She makes me smile...I admire how she has went through hard times...and just keeps her faith and keeps on smiling...I have memories of laughter...of singing and playing guitar with my mom...of spending a summer with her in Tucson...and just recently made another memory.   For my birthday...I got surprised by my kids who told me we were going to take pictures and they took me to Aunt Betty's baby boys house...David...it was a get together for her and her kids and I loved getting to share part of their day...I caught some pictures while there but did miss a few and one of my favorites of Aunt Betty was with one of her boys Tracy and his wife...but I just wanted to share some of your GIFTS!


I love her smile...I love her...there is a song Whoa Black Betty...the dance my niece and my brother danced at her wedding but my kids when speaking of Aunt Betty will say Whoa Aunt Betty Wham Ba Lam...So in case you wondered the title...So for you Aunt B...I share some more pics of some of your special family :)    Including Kelly...he always takes good pictures though this one isn't quite as smiley as Aunt  Betty...I love his smirk...


And like I said the "baby" David...isn't such a baby...but does come across quite studious!  



Another I loved was of Keven...I loved seeing his girls want to sit next to him and when the seat opened up another would hop in next to him...he just seemed so content...


Not sure how I missed Kendra and Angie as well...

And my Aunt Betty's only girl could not be there...why you ask...because Vonnie (YVONNE) and her daughter, Michelle, were out of the country!    I left before Bret got there but did get to see his beautiful wife Kallie...who I think had been competing at a crossfit...

Though Mick was not there...he was represented by his sons and their wives...I caught a pic of both Jared and Preston...



And not sure how I missed Lanita and Mckenzie...A GREAT granddaughter!   I also missed many others...I must say I was distracted.   I did catch a couple boys that were just hanging out...



Izzy was pretty impressed with the doll house...


And Dani Jo...looks on...she is so cute!



However, there was some BEAUTY going on with these girls...Now those are some snazzy nails!  Such talent Marlie and Lori your nails look mawvelous!!


...and again I am sad of those I didn't get pics of...but I also caught one in getting to meet a special friend I had never met before but through social media...will be one of my "sisters"  FOREVER... Kakakatie...Keven's mother-in-law...Angie's mama!


As I get back to Aunt Betty...was good Carl was able t come as well.   Catching a nap...



Yes Aunt Betty...Hope you had a HAPPY HAPPY Birthday.  God bless you as you go and thank you for being such a special Aunt!   I love your serious tough side...love your silly side...but you know most of all I love your smile!  



 
Not only do you usually have a smile...you make those smile around you!   Thanks Aunt Betty and you have a legacy of love!!!   Well it is bed time or getting close so I leave on a Happy Birthday and thanks for being you!!!
 
lyp


No comments:

Post a Comment