Saturday, December 28, 2013

It's 4 in the morning...let the lambing begin

And so this morning around 4 a.m. I am awakened by the Shepherd talking in a somewhat loud voice upstairs...I have my guesses as to what it is...but listen to make certain!   I look at the lam-cam that's been going for almost a week but don't see anything on the TV set in our room but this...


I laugh thinking about one little shepherd in training who was at our house and her and Oppy and I got home and she is all excited because the "sheep show" is on TV.   Oppy tells her that he is going to lock up the sheep and so she wants to watch on the "Lam-Cam"...as her and I are watching we see the sheep come in the barn and before long we hear Oppy come in the house.   Her little face looks so sad and she says I didn't get to see Oppy.    The tears begin to stream and she lays across my bed with her face in her hands...broken hearted...and so I go tell the Shepherd that she didn't get to see him...so being one of those Grandpa's...he heads back out to the barn and begins walking in front of the camera.   A little girls face lights up but she cannot see his head.   SO we call him on the cell phone and tell Oppy that we cannot see his face...to which he gets right up to the camera and we get a close up.   And my heart smiles at this man...and a little girl once broken hearted is happy again!    Wouldn't it be nice to fix all problems so easy...

I sit here in the living room with the shepherd and the weekend shepherd who got home last night...just in time for babies...and Luke Bryan is singing....So long my friend...till we meet again...I'll remember you...and all the times that we used to...and I have a reminder of one who left us too soon...

And I get back to having new babies...the "Old Shepherd" had woke up the "Young weekend Shepherd" and told him we are having babies!    Before no time, I hear the hopping down the stairs and  "LaLa" is ready to go outside...they both almost giddy...as they love this time of year!   He says Ahma...babies...and off to the barn he goes.   Well the "Old Shepherd" isn't far behind and as I am laying there in the warm cozy bed...I do not see nor hear anything coming from the barn...other than a new little baby somewhere in the distance and its' mama making some noise.   I decide I should go get some pics as this is the beginning of a new season!

I head out in the darkness and see three "red and blues" down on the highway.   For those who wonder what the "red and blues" are...and maybe you don't...but they are cop lights...and I wonder what is going on that includes three...So I snap a pic...and think you never know what goes on when you are sleeping that we have no idea...I think of my daughter and granddaughter that see these lights and will tell each other...red and blues...I think of those out and about...I have red and blue lights on my balcony...reminders...I think of Heather and Izzy's Christmas tree lights...red and blue...and I smile laughing and thinking of Jay and Tyler putting in considerable time making these special lights!


And I set my lens different and it holds open and I see how steady I am...but kind of cool...in my little head anyways...


I head to the barn and snap a few more pics on the way...to which gives a heads up to the "Old Shepherd" when he sees the blue flashes outside that he knows I am coming...and so he opens the door and the "Young shepherd" is standing and watching the new mama and baby...to which he turns and sees me and decides to take a pic of me and seems to be laughing at me...in my cammo fuzzy pants and my hood on my head traipsing around with my camera...


And as I start to take a pic of the first baby...I decide that I should have my zoom lens...so head back in and change lenses and then come back out...I catch a pic of this little white baby...I think the "Old Shep" said it was a "Limited" baby...


And I smile as I watch the two looking on...how they do love this...and really it is something to experience seeing new life come in...a miracle right there at 4 in the morning and I hear the old country song playing in my head by one who used to be one of my mom and Aunt Betty's favorites...Faron Young...I think Aunt Betty may have even had her shirt autographed by him...back in the day...
 



Lance says this would be good for all to follow for the year...one of each (boy and girl) and come out with no help big and healthy...HOPE...


And as I head out into the dark with my "Country Bumpkins" I see the moon again and am reminded of the verse I am always reminded of and repeat when I see the moon...and Lance says to me do you see the moon and the moon sees you?   


And I look at the starry night and think of Izzy the other night when we went to the Great Grandparents...and she says, "Snap...we should have brought my new telescope and looked at these stars!"    She tells me we could have set it up right there in the middle of the street to which as I look at her she says well on the sidewalk.   And I remember why I gave her a telescope as for such a little one...she appreciates the stars and moon...Uncle Lance gave her binoculars so she can see the sunset closer...I HOPE again that she will always take time to appreciate these special blessings God provides us...

Lady Antebellum comes on the videos singing Compass...

"When it's all said and done
You can walk instead of run
'Cause no matter what you'll never be alone."
 
 
I realize some of the little things that we take for granted...and the Old Shepherd is out mixing up scrambled eggs...and I think it's gonna be a good season...LET THE LAMBING BEGIN!
 
 
lyp


No comments:

Post a Comment