Saturday, August 25, 2012

This ain't my first rodeo...oh guess it is!



So yesterday was my Flex Friday...a Firecracker and Company one!    It was on the plan to go to the Chris Young concert...so Lance and Tyler showed up early in the day so Lance could do some sheep "stuff"...since I didn't help I just call it stuff.   However, he and Ty seemed to not have a lot of problem moving Ott across the yard...

We were treated to some fajitas made by the shepherd...with homemade salsa as well...mighty tasty and might add made a delicious supper tonight as well....anyway back to the day...

We were later joined by Heather, Izzy, and Izzy's Amy...sometimes Jake's Amy...but I think I'll just claim her as my Amy as well as I have claimed Tyler as one of my kids too...my kids have some special friends.   While the girls were finishing getting ready...the guys went out to shoot a bit...I played with my Photoshop and so I include the before and after...



I decided I wasn't taking my camera so made the gang gather around before heading out...well my son seems to always be "Fahting" around...giving me a hard time.   Miss Isabel had her tennies on here as it turns out her other boots are getting too little...her and Oppy have confirmed this so probably know changing their minds...but they were a cute pair of boots...even though she found some more...had a hard time finding any her size...so she ended up getting some similar to La La's...



And so off we head for the rodeo..we take in Chili's and then off we go to the Colorado State Fair!   Walking towards the rodeo we come across Kristy buying some fair food...to which she was meeting with her folks and friends and they were all coming back with a wide selection...After hanging out a bit...we headed for the rodeo...while the rest of the group had mostly came to see Chris Young...One little Firecracker wanted to see the rodeo...so since her and Oppy and I were going to not go down in the arena for the concert we took off to find seats.

Well I am sometimes one of those with the mindset that well if you have seen one rodeo you have seen them all but it hits me as Izzy is so fascinated by the calf roping...that this actually is her first rodeo and I realize that this is part of the beauty of  having children and grandchildren...that you begin to see things through their eyes...that this is all new and not something that we have come to take for granted that oh yeah I have seen a rodeo before.   I loved how she explained to me what they were doing and how she would fix her eyes on the big screen and then find the live show...and then clap along.   She also was fascinated by the barrel racers...and the bull riding actually only had one rider stay on the whole time...but she would watch each one.  She loved watching those horses and later when they cleared out the rodeo for the concert wanted to know what they did with the horses...She did like those horses.   Lance asked her if she was going to get a horse and she said that her mom said no and he said well you could keep it at Ahma's and she says oh yeah I forgot...

We then set back and started watching the concert...granted it might be hard for any concerts to follow since her first concert was George Strait and Reba...so maybe that is why she fell asleep for part of the show...but she did stay awake for Oppy's song before she fell asleep..."Getting you Home" even though Ty had different words of something of getting chew home...

So I held one little sleeping Firecracker for a portion and then towards the end of the concert she popped up and was ready to go...and so the guys headed north and we loaded the girls home with us...entertaining stories all in their own...I won't go into detail of piggy back rides...misplaced items...McDonalds drive through or having to stop along the road for a pitstop...

And so there at the top of this is all of their boots including Izzy's new boots...and then one little Firecracker had clothes spread about...from her little tiny Levi's and bling belt to her cute little socks...Was a fun night...thinking of making memories of music with my granddaughter as my mom did with hers...



I think of some of the songs by Chris Young...and though many's favorite color might be neon...one that I like...maybe because it makes me think of conversations we all have...but one of my picks was "The Man I Want To Be"...even though he did look a little different with no cowboy hat on...


Well off to bed...going to do some wedding shopping tomorrow...

lyp

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I think Izzy needs a horse! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps Emily she could go ride one in Wild Horse :)

      Delete
  2. We would absolutely love that...seriously!!

    ReplyDelete