Thursday, August 30, 2012

There is love...

I started this yesterday and didn't finish so I finish it up tonight...we worked on setting up for Andy and Autumn's wedding...for those that don't know who that is...Autumn is Jay's sister...and she has Andy in her phone as Jay's friend...and now look they are getting married!   With that said I add in yesterday's writing...

So this morning at my kitchen table I look around and it appears that perhaps wedding has thrown up in my kitchen...but it is a good throw up!!    I think of the bride and groom to be...Autumn and Andy...two very special people who have decided to tie the knot...get hitched...ball and chain...several different phrases are used to describe this union of man and woman...to which I hear one little "Peanut" say, "How tum?"     Well not really sure...maybe it is all how we look at it...just as in life...it's all in your perspective...if you are thinking you are going to have a lousy day...more than likely you will.  

I came across a writing for and I start to say newly married coupe but I realize actually it is one that should be read for newbies...10...25...50 and beyond...

THE ART OF MARRIAGE
 
 
In marriage the little things are the big things.
It is never being too old to hold hands.
It is remembering to say
"I Love You"
at least once a day.
It is never going to sleep angry.
It is standing together facing the world.
It is speaking words of appreciation and
demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways.
It is having the capacity to forgive and forget.
It is giving each other an atmosphere
in which each can grow.
It is not only marrying the right partner--
it is being the right partner.
W.A. Peterson
 
 
May the bride and groom to be not lose sight of that which brought them together...as for all of us.  Why is that we love each other...I have always asked the shepherd why he loves me...and he always answers because you're you...and the other day I asked and started laughing and told him...after 30 plus years...you still haven't figured it out yet...he does use the John Wayne line quite often something about half the world being women...why am I the one who stirs his blood or some such thing...I THINK that is supposed to be a compliment...but then again!
 
I guess the point I am trying to make or am I really is that I am praying for a new young couple as there are more coming...that God would bless their union and that even though life is not always "rosey" it is a special gift to be cherished however long you have it.
 
I know many of us will be missing Jay Bird at the wedding as we do most days!   I think of Andy and Autumn...meeting each other at "coffee" because of Jay...and I wonder what advice he would give...NO I don't think we better go there!   But I do remember his and Heather's wedding and though I am sure days he thought why are we doing that...I do remember it being a celebration...and so I know when there is laughter...we will think of Jay...

I think of a song from our wedding and so I put it in here...Autumn and Andy ONCE IN A BLUE MOON!   May God be with you as you take your vows and remember the love that first brought you together...and look through the eyes of love...I remember some advice that we received in our wedding counseling...Pastor Jones said Marriage isn't 50/50 it is each giving 100/100...

There is Love...sung at our wedding by Rick Nunley...but I share these words with the Bride and Groom...



My calendar at work made me smile as well...
"Marriage is not merely sharing the fettuccine, but sharing the burden of finding the fettuccine restaurant in the first place."    Calvin Trillin US columnist"

So...I had played with this pic...sometime or other...but no ANDY NO "HOLDING"...had told them it would be a good announcement pic!!!

Well I better get to bed....the shepherd and I are cooking for the big event!!   Would appreciate some extra prayers that all turns out...it will all be good...So sweet dreams as the clock strikes twelve...I think I am turning into a ................

lyp


No comments:

Post a Comment