Saturday, January 21, 2012

Are you KIDing

So FINALLY there are now baby goats on the ground...KIDS!  For awhile I thought they were just going to explode!!  As some will recall I had said that I had told the whole maternity ward to wait having babies until the shepherd got home...WELL...I got home from work last night...checked and NOTHING was going on...so I headed back in the house and since I knew that the shepherd was en route from the Stock Show...I thought I would wait and then go help him with chores.   And when we walked into the barn...there they were...two little baby goats laying on the ground...

I guess the shepherd  maybe named them nanny nanny so perhaps that is where nanny nanny boo boo comes... hmmm I wonder what they would think if I named one nanny and the other nanny boo boo...I'll tell Izzy...


Actually I think one does have a "boo boo"...a bad leg...the shepherd told Maryann (Jay's mom who claimed them as her grand goats)...the mama was not doing too good at taking care of them...that if she didn't hop to he would be sending them her way...It turns out the mama was more interested in trying out the straw than tending to her babies...


But the shepherd helped her out...gave them a little extra to eat and put them in the heat barrel.  So by this morning they were looking much better...of course a "bath" does wonders!!  Glad "Mom" decided that she had other things to do than just eat straw...Even though the shepherd is still threatening the goat's Grammy that she should take the one...and she has said send it her way...I think it would be a great mascot at school!! 



Having baby goats is a little bitter sweet as these are Jay and Izzy's goats.   Jay loved his goats and I include a couple pictures Jay had sent me last year from his phone when he and Izzy were delivering babies...and how I wish he were here to deliver these...I can remember the excitement he would have with each delivery...him and Tim talking on the phone about shepherding...and funny how Isabel loves those goats...




I always wondered why Jay got goats...he really didn't have a lot of place for them (even though I know that isn't really criteria in having them)...but he seemed to have a passion to have them and an excitement...he wanted to show them someday...and here it is Stock Show time...and I think of the memories made from the Stock Show...and perhaps these goats serve to remind us that life does indeed go on...
 
"Old Friends" Pete and Phyllis came by and hung out...

The Pennington Girls..."Say Cheese Kasey Jo"

Izzy and Uncle La...I mean LANCE...I mean Lance P...

Izzy and her mama...
   
Misty, Jay, Aunt Aum, Firecracker, and Patrick...more of my kids...
I come across these stock show pictures from last year...and think how in a years time how things can change...I think of Jay and Isabel and goats...of fun memories of stock show...speaking of kids...my friend Phyllis is now a Grandma...I think of Autumn preparing for a wedding and how though Jay would have gave her a hard time...I am sure he would have been happy with her choice of "Jay's friend Andy"...

So I include one more picture of the goats...this one seems to be sticking his tongue out at me...and I smile and am thankful that life does go on...even though we miss those that are not with us...really they are always with us...and we get little reminders...sometimes with a goat sticking his tongue out at you!



lyp

2 comments:

  1. Actually, we are done KIDing! Glad to know I'm not the only one that loves to take pictures of baby goats! Seems we have some of those nannies that just think about their stomach and what to put in it instead of taking good care of their babies! They eventually come around most of the time.... Happy kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are baby goats so darn cute? If I had the knowledge and space I would love to raise them.

    ReplyDelete