Wednesday, January 11, 2012

STUFF HAPPENS...

And I look out the window and the snow seem to hit town so quickly accompanied by the wind--it acted like it might be quite fierce at one point...but then in a short time it passed...but there was a moment there...I was wondering how bad it might be!   That just seems to tie in with the theme I had going this morning "STUFF"!    It hit me while getting ready for work that you know we all have "Stuff"!    Can we really say well his stuff or her stuff is worse stuff...or I surely have the worst "STUFF".   To each of us our stuff is our stuff...and like the snow...sometimes it seems like A LOT OF STUFF when all we can see is what is around us right then and not the big picture!!!   If we would get the overview shot...we would see it wasn't near what we thought it was...of course that doesn't make it feel any less when you're in the storm...

I guess it is what we choose to do with that "stuff" that is what makes the difference.   Most times we tend to stuff our "stuff".   If I stick it deep enough down...no one will know...NOT EVEN ME!    But you know I read this illustration the other day...it was talking on depression.   I have started getting these devotionals e-mailed to me titled "Girlfriends in God" (though I don't think it is just for girls...)   Anyway  Mary Southerland wrote a blog titled, "Coming Out of the Dark P1".  I put a link in for you to read the whole thing...but there was one part that just seemed to go with the whole "STUFF"  theme... http://www.girlfriendsingod.com/2012/coming-out-of-the-dark-p1/

"With that single heart cry, my journey from darkness into light began. The first step was to recognize the factors that can trigger depression; a lack of replenishing relationships, various chemical imbalances, and a poor self-image, just to name a few. One of the most common and deadly factors is failure to deal with the past. The "mire" mentioned in Psalm 40:2 means "sediment at the bottom." When our children were small, we frequented the beach. Wading out into the ocean, they took turns pushing a beach ball under the water and counting to see who could hold the ball down for the longest time. Eventually their arms would tire, or the ball would escape their control, popping to the surface. The "mire" in our lives is like that beach ball. The "sediment" or "junk" that we have never dealt with settles at the bottom of our souls, randomly popping up until we run out of energy to keep it submerged. Eventually, this mire works its way to the surface, spilling ugliness and darkness into every part of life."

And this just gave me such a visual as I love to take a ball and push it in the water and watch it pop to the top...yet when we try to stuff "stuff"...it probably isn't such a good thing...but you know we all do...we think if we hide it good enough...but you know God knows about our "stuff" anyway...  I read Psalm 40:2:

Psalm 40:2

New International Version (NIV)

2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
   out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
   and gave me a firm place to stand

Another visual...and I think of my morning devotional...I started reading "Jesus Calling - Enjoyng Peace In His Presence" by Sarah Young, and I keep finding more and more people who are also reading and I hope they are being blessed as much as I am...it seems to just be talking to me where I am at...but today's was one of those that really makes you stop and think.   Stop and think about how I handle my "stuff"...

"TRUST ME by relinquishing control into My hands.  Let go, and recognize that I am God.  This is My world: I made it and I control it.  Yours is a responsive part in the litany of Love.  I search among My children for receptivity to Me.  Guard well this gift that I have planted in your heart.  Nurture it with the Light of My Presence.

When you bring Me prayer requests, lay out your concerns before Me.  Speak to Me candidly; pour out your heart.  Then thank Me for the answers that I have set into motion long before you can discern results.  When your requests come to mind again, continue to thank Me for the answers that are on the way.  If you keep on stating your concerns to Me, you will live in a state of tension.  When you thank Me for how I am answering your prayers, your mind-set becomes much more positive.  Thankful prayers keep your focus on My Presence and My Promises."

She lists scripture after the writing that I include...but again I encourage you to look up on your own...because there is usually MORE STUFF for you to read!

Psalm 46:10
New King James Version (NKJV)

 10 Be still, and know that I am God;
         I will be exalted among the nations,
         I will be exalted in the earth!

* * *

Colossians 4:2

New King James Version (NKJV)

Christian Graces
   2 Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving;
* * *

2 Peter 1:3-4

New King James Version (NKJV)
3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

* * *

And I think again on my "stuff"...I think of those around me and their "stuff"...and you know we can choose to stuff our stuff down deeper...or we can choose to let it go...I recently was sent an e-mail that is one I have seen several times...but it is a good one as far as what to do with our "stuff"...

God's Boxes

I have in my hands two boxes,
Which God gave me to hold.


He said, "Put all your sorrows in the black box,
And all your joys in the gold."


I heeded His words, and in the two boxes,
Both my joys and sorrows I stored,
But though the gold became heavier each day,
The black was as light as before.

With curiosity, I opened the black,
I wanted to find out why,
And I saw, in the base of the box, a hole,
Which my sorrows had fallen out by.

I showed the hole to God, and mused,
"I wonder where my sorrows could be!"
He smiled a gentle smile and said,
"My child, they're all here with me.."

I asked God, why He gave me the boxes,
Why the gold and the black with the hole?
"My child, the gold is for you to count your blessings,
The black is for you to let go."


I am not sure who wrote the above...but I think it is a good one to share...so this day choose what "stuff" you choose to stuff...and try and focus on the good stuff...

I include one of my favorites...I do not know who created it but...but perhaps it has more for us to think about....what I'm not sure...but sometimes we need to STOP what we are doing...and try something new...and so I am bumming because the one I tried to include of the penguin slapping the other penguin on the back and knocking in the ice water...I am not able to include so I put another picture that is grouped with it...and it surely has another lesson...and perhaps it is just to make you smile...and think about the good "stuff".



lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment