Friday, February 18, 2011

It's a GREAT DAY...

"It's a great day to be alive.  You know the sun's still shining when I close my eyes!"

So that song by Travis Tritt (one of my favorites It's a Great Day to be Alive ) came to me this morning at my kitchen table.   We had an early start as P-Pa headed out early to go pick up the Firecracker!!   She is going to hang with this Grandpa today.   Her other Granddad takes care of her a lot and she seems to enjoy these old guys!!!   And I think they might just kind of like her too!!

It is hard telling what their day will entail...but I can bet they will have fun!  You know looking at sheep and cows...eating oatmeal cookies...the life is good stuff if you are a P-Pa or Izzy!   Plus P-Pa will have a secret weapon--BO!   That seems to be who Miss Isabel thinks should be coming to visit her whenever any of us come.   She loves those dogs.  Actually those animals...

So I just want to say it is a good day!   It is Friday and Payday!  (means I have a job and am thankful).   Get to see my granddaughter and probably my kids.   Have a husband who 30 years ago today asked me to marry him and I am thankful I said yes.   See this stopping and counting your blessings thing...I know you have some too!   Make it a great day to be alive!!

Psalm 100: 1-2 in My Living Bible says...
"Shout with Joy before the Lord, O earth!  Obey him gladly; come before him, singing with joy."
So join in..."It's a great day to be alive...I know the sun's still shinin when I close my eyes..."   JOIN IN!

My folks would have been married 50 years today...wish they were here to sing with!!

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment