Thursday, January 22, 2015

What happens in Vegas...Don't alway stay there...

OKAY SO THIS MIGHT BE A LITTLE LONGER THAN LAST NIGHT...BUT DECIDED TO LEAVE IT...The wedding was fun just being with friends...and Whitney is amazing and so I include in here for those of you who do not want to read all the rest of this...a video that was inspired by watching the water fountain in Vegas...this song playing and I thought...oh how I should make a KISS video...and this couple...well actually this whole group gave me some fun pictures so I will put it first to save you going through the rest of blog...Congratulations Whitney and Steve...you were so fun to photograph!!!



I started this LAST NIGHT...but didn't get it finished...so...instead of changing the dates and names...just get on your bikes and ride...

So some of you may know...the shepherd and I went to Vegas recently...I mean recent...we pulled into the funny farm at 3 a.m. this morning...just a little chillier than when we had left Vegas a few hours prior.   They were getting cold...In the 40's...which I know it is what you are used to or actually not sure I ever get used to 3 below zero...though usually 3 in the morning I am usually snuggled under the covers...

This our first trip to Vegas...However I was given the privilege of taking some pics of a Vegas destination wedding!    One of my very good friends...Miss Autry...Debbie to others...the ICE lady...the DRY lady...oh there is a whole blog of Debbie stories...but this one is more Debbie does Vegas...One of my friends that you become friends while raising your kids...and then your kids grow up and you just stay friends...

So anyway a long long time ago it seemed...Debbie's baby girl Whitney called me up and asked if I would take pictures from her wedding...well not during her wedding as it was part of the package...but she had asked me to take pictures before and after.    I consider it such a special privilege to have the children of my special friends ask me to share in such a big occasion of their lives...though this not the first time I had taken pictures of Whitney...she had also endured Debbie and I together for her senior pictures...my favorite was us talking Whitney into getting in the stock tank of wild petunias...though as some of you may see...we could have put Whitney in the corral covered in mud or whatever and she would make it look like a modeling gig.   

We left Denver for Vegas sometime Friday afternoon and traveling with another special friend Denise...my traveling friend who travels to Vegas for day trips...well or would it be night trips!   So heading out of Denver we got to the mountains fairly fast and the view from the shepherd's window was mostly clouds...but some beautiful ones along the way...as the song goes...I've looked at clouds from both sides now...but pretty dang cool from the top side...just makes you want to jump in...



We landed in Vegas with just enough time to check in and head for the bridal shower...so I hop on the elevator in Tower II and there are a few people on the elevator...I go to push the button and said oh I'm going to 12 as well...to which the gentleman by the button gives a sort of smile and then turns to the woman behind me.   They begin messing with a bag so I turn and ask if they are going to a shower...to which the woman replies yes a bridal shower I think she told me.   So I say for Kimbra (this would be Whitney's sister who I had just texted with and so she was on my mind!   That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)   But the gentleman who I had made eye contact with earlier says if you mean Whitney...I'm the groom.   To which I think that is why he looked so familiar.   I tell my son this story to which he says well at least you let them know right off that you are the crazy friend.   I don't know what he was talking about!  But Steve's mom just seemed right away like one who just seemed like one you had known for awhile...

oh this wasn't no ordinary shower it was a lingerie shower and though I was told by Whitney that what was given in Vegas should stay there...but well I didn't really say well sure Whit...you are safe with me...I mean when some of the stuff was gorgeous and as I said earlier...Whitney can make most anything look good...I think they were speaking fact when they were talking about her looking good in Steve's (that would be the groom) sweats...so I give you a little peek...



 
 


So decided not to finish with any more...You can catch some of the wedding shots in the video...and others I have posted up...a beautiful bride!!!   God bless you on your marriage!

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment