Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The moon and stars will meet us there...Love you sweet Kay...

Over a period of days...I have been on this journey...this farewell journey saying goodbye...I began writing on January 8, 2015...when one special person in our family went to be with our LORD   One of our cornerstones in our family...an amazing woman...and so I began writing...

This morning as I sat at my kitchen table...I seen some different posts...the kind that though they do  not say completely...but you know.   And with that I was certain that my "cousin" Kay...I suppose some might say once removed or 2nd or some such thing...she being my mom's first cousin...my Grandma Bessie's sister Reedie's daughter...but Donna Kay as I had heard her called as a child and when I became older...she was Kay...was finally at peace.  Donna Kay Miller Crumrine...this one of my favorite pictures of her...it shows her light...her joy...her fun...



She fought a hard fight against that bastard cancer...and though cancer takes many things...with this woman...it did not take her light.    One of my cousins described it perfectly when she said we have lost a light.   But though we have may have in a  physical sense...I feel that Kay is one whose love transcends...and we will feel her love in the little things...in the beautiful smiles of her grandchildren and great grandchildren...in looking at a beautiful sunset...in a rainbow...and probably I will see a bird land...or a starry night...and will be reminded of her.    I have a bookmark that reads...

WHAT CANCER CANNOT TAKE FROM YOU
 
It cannot take away your faith,
shatter your hope
or lessen your love.
It cannot destroy true friendship,
invade the soul or take away eternal life.
It cannot conquer your spirit.
 
And though cancer could not take those things away...it caused us to see one amazing woman fight a tough fight and go out giving it all she had...and ultimately...at peace and free from pain...we had to say goodbye...
 
Some made the journey to Odessa and gave their farewells...many of us mourned in our own silence...adorned in purple.   Yes it was told that purple and lavender was Kay's favorite color and so in memory of her...we wore purple.  
 
So this morning as I sat at my kitchen table...I was reminded that it was Kay's birthday...and so I thought how I did not feel I had got a picture for Kay...a moment when I felt the LORD was saying...I know you love My child...as do I...and there it was...the sunrise coming amidst a purple sky...and so this morning I wrote...
 
Amidst a purple sky the sun peeks through as though an eye watching…and slowly fades into the morning sky not to be seen on this cold wintery day…but it was there and like a bright light…it shined and gave us light and joy!   Much like Donna Kay…she was one of those that just exuded light…the twinkle in her eye…the immense joy in her smile…You just couldn’t help feeling better being in her presence.   Her faith was one that you felt…she didn’t have to say it…you just knew it in the love that she poured out.   Though not enough time spent with her…I treasure the times that I had…her gentleness…her compassion…her optimism even in the darkest days that she went through.   An amazing woman that is one of those that are a part of me…a part of who I am…or perhaps who I want to be…The world lost a light cousin Jody said…I think the Heaven’s have another precious child home.   I feel her family…her mother…her father…her brother saying welcome home sweet one…welcome home.   My mom loved her…and I wonder what happens in Heaven…I have pictures in my mind of what I think it might be…though I know they won’t compare.   I think of Jesus…my Christian faith…that He is there…and mostly I know that no matter what the body might look like…what we become…our LOVE stays forever a part of each other and we are joined with our Father in Heaven…


 
I think of the words of the song above...her nephew...the son of her brother.  Her brother Everet recently leaving us...but Chad sang I'll fly away.   I got to hear a little blurb and hope to hear it all some day.   So many things I would like to say...thinking of her family...some of which have gone on before her...some of us will follow...and I am reminded of a night driving home from Limon...the Firecracker in her seat in the back.    She tries to see the moon but is not positioned to where she can see it...she tries to see some stars...I tell her when we get home...we can see them...and her words stuck in me...perhaps for this day...but she says...the moon and stars will meet us there...
 
These words seem to make me think of those who have went home to the LORD...and I think how when I see the moon I repeat the verse...
 
And you will seek Me and find Me when you search with all of your heart.  Jeremiah 29:13
 
And I think of Jesus being there to meet us and like the stars...many that have gone on ahead will be waiting for us as well...they will meet us there!
 
Though the day is almost over...I say Happy Birthday Sweet Kay...whenever I wear purple...I shall think of you...when I see a purple flower...there is a favorite song that was sung for my mother...for my son-in-law...and it seems to fit for you...
 



I leave with one picture that just is such an awesome picture...I see Kay riding her horse at full speed...wind blowing in her hair and she is free...free from the pain that has bound her...I love you Kay and thank you for all the gifts you gave us all!



lyp

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful and well said about the lighthouse in our family

    ReplyDelete