Saturday, March 9, 2013

Honorary Life...

I lay here and tap tap tap in the darkness as I listen to the heavy breathing of one little Isabel Sheridan...who has finally decided to give up and go to sleep...we have had such a fun night on this Firecracker Flex Friday to which I started a little later because of helping the Shepherd and going to lunch with Memaw...and also getting to see the new Bunkhouse...a new up and coming coffee and baked goods...Trudy it is going to be awesome!!!

Anyway--upon pulling up to her house...one little Isabel comes out the door still in her pj's...chattering away.   After here awhile, I asked her if she had a fun day...now I am trying to remember exactly what she said...but it was on the line of not without you Ahma!   I laughed and told her that is something her dad would say...that he might not have been serious when telling you...but like the Chief said (when he stopped by when Izzy and I were unloading the pickup)..."but it made you feel good."

I think how this one little girl can bring about so much joy...even on this sad anniversary date of losing her daddy.  Two years ago...and I had thought the other day...half of Izzy's life...and I think how that percentage will continue to change...But she seems to give us so many reminders of her daddy...but the reminder that we all loved and missed...the FUN!   I put in a collage of pics of Limon 4, Jay Bird, my favorite son-in-law, Heather's husband, Peanut's daddy...and realize that though Izzy's daddy is not here physically...she has a comfort that some may never know...in knowing that her daddy loved her so...



And the last couple weeks...I have a book titled, "Everyday Peace" by Patricia Mitchell.  Whenever I come across the word Peace in my readings I go to read one of the little excerpts.    However, I have been stuck on one part...on a page on grief... and I am reminded of what I have read several times out this same page...
 
"You have changed my sadness into a joyful dance;
you have taken away my sorrow and surrounded me with joy.  Psalm 30:11

And so with that...I carry on to explain...Recently Jay Sheridan was honored as an Alumni from NJC in Sterling, Colorado.   I had started writing on this but hadn't got far...I wrote..

Yesterday I got the honor, privilege, and yes joy of being able to attend a ceremony honoring my favorite son-in-law, Jay Sheridan, with Heather and Isabel Sheridan, Andy and Autumn Lorenson, Tim and Maryann Sheridan, Shane Sheridan and his friend Lindsey as an "Honorary Life Member Award" from Northeastern Junior College.  



Honorary Life...and that is where I come to the joy...I think of one little Isabel...such a part of her daddy that seems to as I read the other day just OOZE JOY!   And I watched throughout the day and days later how she seems to brighten up those around her...

And though I have pictures that I want to include...pictures of many smiling just being near this little one...I finish my thought on the whole dancing thing...it is now 3 a.m. and my kids should be pulling in from a night of dancing...but no that is not the part that the above made me think of...

While we were at the basketball game at NJC...one little one was taking in the whole experience of a college basketball game.  And one of her highlights was when they would play the music during the timeouts...to which she had a new dance routine and new moves considering what the song was...and so she had these college girls sitting behind her that were just laughing as was her mom and I and others that watched.   And at half time...she went down with her mom and Aunt Autumn and Uncle Andrew and accepted an award for her dad as an honorary alumni...hanging out with Alumni member Andrea Andersen, "Jack" an alumni and celebrity it seems at NJC, and the president of the college...as most in the gymnasium rose to their feet...one Honorary Life...


And so like I said I have probably a whole other blog that includes pics of this day...but now I think of the day ahead...There will be a Memorial at the Limon cemetery at 5:30 p.m. (depending on what the weather might decide to do).  However,  I see some starting to pay tribute but I think of you Jay and how we miss you but in order to honor one Honorary Life...I hope for a day of JOY...that we hold on to that precious gift you gave us...and of course one little light that is a part of your love that continues to shine on...who is sleeping away still in her blue M & M t-shirt and shorts and I am thankful for the joy that she shares in our lives...and I share not only the verse but also the writing...that we do have the comfort that one day we will again see you Jay Sheridan!  

"You have changed my sadness into a joyful dance;
you have taken away my sorrow and surrounded me with joy. Psalm 30:11

"God allowed Himself to experience the pain of bereavement when His Son, Jesus, suffered and died for us. In Jesus' resurrection, however, God showed us that death is not the end, but the beginning of our new lives with Him in heaven. Yes, God understands our most profound grief, and He want us to find peace in believing this great truth: The power of death lasts only awhile. Life in Him continues forever." Patricia Mitchell Everyday Peace

And I see where a cousin who lost her husband shares the following...and it seems to hit so true...I am not sure who created it...but love what it says...



lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment