Saturday, May 12, 2012

MEMORIAL...Colorado Law Enforcement...


Love this song and just put it in so you could listen while looking...

I sit here and then early morn...thinking about the time ahead and decide I need to finish up these I have started...not sure where the times goes...so I pick up where I left off...

And I know I should be thinking of packing of getting things finished...but I am distracted...looking at pictures from the Colorado Law Enforcement Memorial we attended on May 4, 2012.   My Favorite Son-in law, Jay Sheridan, was honored in having his name engraved on the wall joining too many others who have lost their lives in the line of duty...of course you know I took several pictures so perhaps this will mostly be of just pics...A special thank you and appreciation for all of those who came and shared with us...of the C.O.P.S. organization for all they do.   And the countless officers who came and honored a fallen brother.   (I will try and do a part 2 and share my story...and more pics).


Heather and the Chief...a special bond
My kids...
Tim and Maryann...I smile at Maryann holding her rose and carrying the purse from Jay. 
Shane looking on as well...
Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Pfeiff with Tim looking at the wall...
Izzy needed to go over in the grass during the ceremony...

And I get some of family at wall but I also capture some good friends...that touched me as well...

Another of my kids...Tyler Yowell...

Micheal Yowell...

And of course...in my "collection" Jake...and this one makes me think of how Jake does stand watch...have a story of him...but perhaps another place...


The Limon P.D. and Lincoln County Sheriff's office...

Limon P.D.

Lincoln County Sheriff's office

I include another one taken my Corrine Lengel...that turned out better than the ones I had got...you know when you got the "big lens". 


I add another that was shared by Jeff Rylant...I love your pics Jeff...



These two from Lisa...are touching...That speak more than any words I could ever say...those that know this little blue painted thumb...belonging to one little Isabel...holding on to her daddy...and then she captured the one dove of the doves released perfectly thank you for sharing with me...






So I came upon this scripture this week and it keeps popping up...it seems that this is one that I have pondered this past week...this last year...and I think of it being National Police Week...of the questions that I ponder...and so I include...

"AND WHY DID HE MURDER HIM?   Because his works were evil and his brother's righteous.   Do not marvel, my brethren if the world hates you.  We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren.  He who does not love his brother abides in death.  Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murder has eternal life abiding in him.  1 John 3:12-13
And then it came to 1 John 3:16
 By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us.  And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 
 So we remember...those who have laid down their lives...a nice tribute and thank you to all...

lyp









No comments:

Post a Comment