Wednesday, February 18, 2015

February 18, 2015...memories of love and loss...

And that date February 18th takes on different things for me today and different emotions.   It is my Mom and Dad's wedding anniversary...my cousin Kim gave me a picture of them that is a treasure because it was the first wedding picture I had seen of them...I love how my Mom lit up near my Dad...


It is also the day a young guy asked a younger girl..."So would you"...and I must say...glad I said yes!

Then today is another reminder...not as good as these but memories all the same.   Ash Wednesday...though not the date...Ash Wednesday was the day that Jay Bird was taken away from us.   I still remember the ashes on the foreheads and to be honest it did not occur to me why until later.   And it is days as today that I feel a little closer to those who have gone on...a little closer to those that are here...

Spent part of the morning messaging back and forth with Jay's mom...and I went to look up a verse and this was the verse of the day...seemed to fit...so I find a favorite sunrise and include it...

And there was a song I heard today as I was looking up a verse from Zephaniah from the Jesus Calling for today...the song came on over my Pandora...had been a song that Jay's mom had said she listened to this morning and then "Randomly" it came on while I read this verse...

The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.

Zephaniah 3:17

...we Grandma's have loved the fact that it is sung by IZ...though not our Iz...it is still one that makes you look on the brighter side...


So was telling someone of all the events that this February18th held on today...and she tells me...Hopefully a day of great memories...and yes Becki...great memories indeed!

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment