Thursday, June 26, 2014

Where were you five years ago...

So I took a trip to my kitchen table today instead of on the way to Missouri to the sheep show...But since Lancey Pants is still under the weather...the trip was cancelled.   Granted I could have went to work...but I opted to stay home since I had already said I wouldn't be working...the shepherd with his parents on a doctor's visit...

And then I stepped away from here but still thought about the day all day of where I was 5 years ago...this morning when I began thinking of it...I was working when I heard from my favorite son-in-law that they were keeping Heather and we were going to have a baby...my Firecracker was coming!   And it took all of the day...all of the night...and then early in the morning FINALLY!    I remember that the Shepherd and Uncle Lance drove to get there.   Our family and Jay's family all there...we gave a camera for an early anniversary present for Heather and Jay and Lance began taking pictures...some he wasn't sure about...but the doctor told him too...

Much has happened in those five years...and not a day goes by we don't think of one little Firecracker's daddy...but so thankful for the little girl that definitely takes part of his name...

Upon returning home the Shepherd went out to work on his projects when I went to see  him...and check out the "birthday" project and we worked on it some!    A playhouse for Miss Izzy.    Of course, I think of my own dad in watching the Shepherd build it...and so excited to get it to her...we do get an extension to work on it...so with it being Throw Back Thursday...I pull out a five years ago shot!  Well almost five years ago...what a sweetie...


And one of my favorite pics of when she was just a new one...her and her daddy...Hard to believe so tiny...



                     And then we flash ahead another year...with her Peanut cake made by Pam...
                     
                                                                                    
Here in her 1st Birthday Rocking Chair...
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            



And her second birthday...June 2011...and though there was a sadness...this little Firecracker does what she does...and just makes you smile!


She decorated her own cake...oh Crazy Girl...

 

And pretty big stuff right here as Grammy Looks on...June of 2012...three years old...



And  here she is from last year...doing what she wants to do on her birthday.   She was sad we weren't going to Missouri...she wanted to swim...



And there she is smiling ear to ear...probably as much of the kids as she is the cake!!

My throw back Thursday...and bet we aren't near as tired today as back FIVE YEARS ago...I wonder where the time has went.

Love you and so thankful for the JOY you have brought to our life...see you tomorrow!   Happy Birthday Firecracker!!!

lya

No comments:

Post a Comment