Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Shalom...

This morning at my kitchen table...a cool breeze blows through...an overshadow as if a promise of rain...but I think of the coolness of the day...and am thankful...and I see the date and think of my friend Mary...It is her birthday!     Though far away...she remains close in my heart.   I think of her working away on her little piece of paradise...side by side with Ted...

And this morning the word Shalom came to me...well that and manifest...but I feel Shalom is the word for Mary's birthday...

I find a definition for it...you know when you Doogle it...and I think the page says the Refiners Fire to give credit...but I read...

Most know that the Hebrew word shalom is understood around the world to mean "peace." However, "peace" is only one small part of the meaning. "Shalom" is used to both greet people and to bid them farewell, and it means much more than "peace, hello or goodbye"....
Hebrew words go beyond their spoken pronunciation. Each Hebrew word conveys feeling, intent and emotion. Shalom is more then just simply peace; it is a complete peace. It is a feeling of contentment, completeness, wholeness, well being and harmony.
According to Strong's Concordance 7965 Shalom means completeness, wholeness, health, peace, welfare, safety soundness, tranquility, prosperity, perfectness, fullness, rest, harmony, the absence of agitation or discord. Shalom comes from the root verb shalom meaning to be complete, perfect and full.
 
And I think of that as such a birthday wish...to have that peace...Mary much like many...in midlife...a mother fighting health and the battle scars of old age...but on the other end of the spectrum just finished having a wedding...and so for this birthday blog...I pull up maybe a few wedding pics...of this special friend of mine.   Who I must say has went through quite the workout program in the gym of "working your butt off"...

But I think of one picture that I love...that shows that she is not getting older...she seems to be new...she hopped up on the chair with the father of the bride...and the bride joined in giving a handkerchief...but I LOVE the way Ted looks at her and I think of love...





And so I add another where they switch places and I say HAPPY Birthday...love to see that smile!!


 
Happy Birthday my friend...I think I may have got distracted with some pics....and loved getting to see your mama...I see where you get your special...and I see you are passing it on...
 
Nope didn't add any other wedding pics...maybe tomorrow...
 
lyp
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment