Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Happy Birthday Jay Bird...

I have thought of Jay all day...for some who might not know...I always assume that all that read these words know all that I know...who I know...perhaps you do not know the story...and perhaps another day would be the time for parts of the story...but today I just choose to remember.

I am sure there is some in the camp that I talk too much about my "favorite son-in-law"...but after Jay was killed...it has felt something that part of me perhaps part of my job was to help keep his memory alive.   Granted I may not do it the right way...but I do it out of love...love for Jay and his memory...love for my daughter...my granddaughter...Jay's family...my family...and then for those who did not know him...

This morning I began to write...Jay's birthday...I come to the garden alone...there is intense sunshine shining on my face.   I think of Jay calling me "sweetness".   I stop and wonder...what if...but I read in Jesus Calling...YOU ARE MY BELOVED CHILD.

"I think of Jay...a beloved child...and I read on "Your hope and your future are rooted in heaven, where eternal ecstasy awaits you.   Nothing can rob you of your inheritance of unimaginable riches and well- being."

One of the verses for the day...Proverbs 16:9...

A man’s heart plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps

I
think of Jay Bird loving what he did...something we can't all say...as I had read I felt the nudge to read a part out of Lessons from a Sheep Dog...I have loved reading the comparisons and so today what would I come upon...and I read...

 
"This is My commandment.   That ye love one another, as I have loved you.   Greater love hath no man that this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.   Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you."  John 15:12-14.
 
 I think of a picture of one little IzzyBell during a wedding shower...picking dandelions...and though not feeling the best...she still just oozes joy to me...

 

 Ahhh love...I think of a gift of love...one little "Peanut" as her daddy called her.   Jay's mama telling me of how Izzy looks like her daddy only a girl version.  I think of the gift of love that Jay left behind...that he had people that he loved that loved him in return...who in turn love his family...  
I do not know the why's...the reasons...the seasons...but I know once upon a time there was a little boy who wanted to grow up and be a cop...along the way he married my daughter...and next thing I know...I am an Ahma...and I try to capture moments and memories (again some think too many to some).
And so again I am talking about Jay Bird...just a regular guy...who just wanted to have a wife and some kids...and be a cop...but in doing his job...part of it got cut short...or did it?    I heard different talks of Heaven today...how we should think about it...that there is more than just this life...and so I had thought of how Jay got a shortcut...as I was eating my lunch today...the song came on my Pandora by Matthew West...Save a Place for me...After we had lost Jay I listened to this song over and over and watched a video that showed Jay's memorial...a youTube that  is sad to watch...but beautiful...I think of the words...Don't be mad if I cry...and goes on to say Save A place for Me...and I think about saving a place...I think in believing as a Christian...that there is but One Way in our belief of Jesus...and in that belief...I believe that Jay believed...and with that said I plan to see him again one day...I had came across a picture earlier in the week and so had put it up earlier...and it just seems one to include.   Gina Jeffries...I feel that it was a gift that you took this picture...capturing joy...that one day a little Peanut will look at this and see how much LOVE was in her life...

So I think of Jay and do not want to make it sad...though I was told today by my sister from another mother and another father that this pic made her happy and sad at the same time.   So today I am thankful...thankful that Jay Sheridan was born...and I choose to be thankful he married my daughter...because if he had not...we would be "Peanutless"...and so I bring this to a close...knowing I really didn't explain...and those that understand will understand...and those that don't...won't.   I guess we all are called to do different things...I feel part of my calling is to share the love and light of our LORD...the love of those that have gone on ahead......days as today...I seemed to feel a little stronger...so I leave you and hope you choose to smile...to share a snapshot at a celebration of life...and a reminder that these moments should not be taken for granted...



So I say Happy Birthday Jay Bird!   We sure do miss you...

lya

No comments:

Post a Comment