Tuesday, June 18, 2013

What if? What's next?

One of those days...had many thoughts of Jay Sheridan...today would have been his 30th birthday...Yes Heather robbed the cradle...I mean she has been 30 for almost three weeks now...I had posted up a picture that I had used in the blog...had many people "like" it...and I think...how many people miss this guy....think of this guy...don't know what to do or say.  And I suppose birthdays and other events just always make us stop and think WHAT IF?   This morning at my kitchen table I had thought alot about one special guy...Thinking much about life...and the words came...

Live as though you are living...
find the joy and not the sorrows...
not "what ifs" but the "what's next"!
 
I suppose there are some that think I talk often of Jay...some that just think I talk often period...but it is something that has been put on my heart...perhaps because he was.   I remember thinking how life just keeps moving and I think of Mary and I discussing songs today and me trying to remember if it is Tracy Byrd or Tracy Lawrence and we talk of the song Time Marches On...that it does.   Whether we are in line or just watching the parade go by...it keeps marching...but I think of Jay...who will forever be young in our mind and hearts...I remember watching him and Heather and Izzy not long before he left us...Jay grabbing and kissing on Heather...Izzy trying to make him stop and they are laughing...and I remember thinking...yeah this is the good stuff...AND it is one of those I tucked in my heart...thinking there would be many more of these moments...

Heather had posted a touching poem...Corrine wrote a special poem...Jake and Amy posted a heart with a blue line...I seen postings of happy birthdays we miss you...and I think...find the joy and not the sorrows.   Though we miss him...we should celebrate that we knew him.   My life was changed from knowing him...not all can say that...though something we should strive for...to live a life as such that you are missed when you are gone.

I was looking through pictures and found of Jay's 27th birthday...I remember giving him a waffle iron for he and Izzy to say...In the morning...I'm making waffles!    A red alarm clock...a wild shirt...Jay was always fun to shop for...but we freeze him at these times...or for whenever we seen him last...and so he will remain forever young in our hearts...in our minds...until we see him again...

I include a few of the pics...I love how he is setting off the alarm and the face giving Izzy...of Heather singing Happy Birthday to him....of him just giggling...yeah sometimes he just giggled...Oh it was not a perfect life...but it was a good life...and often time makes life all the more perfect...depending how we choose to think about it...I am working on the choice of Joy..of instead of What if?   I go for a What's next!    That is a gift I feel that we can give...


And these pictures make me just smile...oh sure I miss him and can have tears as well...but I look at those cammo shorts...of the twinkle between he and Heather...of he and his "Peanut" playing with their new toy alarm...and our day is ended with rain...and lightning and thunder light up the skies...perhaps there's a celebration in heaven!   The clock will soon strike twelve...yep time marches on...Happy Birthday Jay Bird...Happy Birthday!

lya

No comments:

Post a Comment