Monday, June 17, 2013

Another Father's Day...

So I started on this last night and my Internet kept going off and on...so I just quit...but will maybe put a few thoughts on tonight...

Another Father's Day has come and gone...the year's seem to pass by so quickly...I think of my dad...and I miss him.   I thought about the other day at my wedding...I remember just before he walked me down the aisle and he wrinkled his nose at me...I can still remember that part so clearly...in fact it was one of those that you can just feel it.  Probably one of my most special times with my dad...

Daddy's...I loved my dad and he loved me...a blessing...a perfect man...no...but he showed me and taught me things even though he was one of those who said...do as I say not as I do...and today I got to spend time with the Firecracker...her daddy's peanut...and this is her third Father's Day without her daddy...yet I watch at the joy she shares...and I am thankful for the mama she has...for her Daddy's dad...and so many other men that have become a part of her life...making a joyful little girl that seems to make one smile without even trying.

I had came across a picture awhile back...Izzy and her daddy.   I looked at this one and look at those lips...they are the same...maybe it is their "sweet staches!"   Izzy much like her dad can have the most serious faces in some of their pictures...this one taken at the Lincoln County Fair I think...

Thankful for the time we had...but sure wish we could have had more...But there is a bond that some of us may never understand between this daddy and daughter...and for that I am thankful.


I won't go on like you know I can but just wanted to stop and think of the DAD'S...those that we can see...and those we can just feel.  

They say that sometimes our relationship with our earthly father's is  how we try to define our Heavenly Father...I have thought about this from time to time and wondered if that was the case...I think about my dad and I always thought about his strength...how he loved us...how he made it through some hard times and came out such a man that I respected and admired...he always made us feel that no matter how times were...we would make it...FAITH...I thought I was young when I lost my dad and realize that it was nothing compared to sweet little Isabel...one taken by cancer...one taken by trying to serve and protect against the evil around us...but both live on with us all...tucked away in our hearts...for that we are blessed...and so I find this picture of my dad carrying me and think yes that is how I often think of my Heavenly Father...I thought of that...What did I give God for Father's Day...not even a card...so I take time now and say thank you.  Thank you to our Lord and thanks to all those daddy's we love...to my special "dad" in law...



Happy Father's Day Dad...we miss you and love you...This sure makes me think of my nephew...my son...my brother...and like little Izzy's lips and sometimes her personality...they are a part of us...God Bless...

Tomorrow would be Jay's 30th birthday...wish you were here for us to give a hard time!

lyp








No comments:

Post a Comment