Saturday, June 15, 2013

I have a dream...THE BUNKHOUSE...

So didn't quite make it for yesterday...so come by the BUNKHOUSE TODAY!!

You know sometimes how you want something...like this morning...while at my kitchen table...I get a call from one little Firecracker.    A blessing in itself...and she is telling me that she will soon be having a birthday and won't be 3.   So I find out what she wants for her birthday..."chocolate cake with some chocolate frosting and sprinkles on top and ice cream with chocolate in it...AND BALLOONS!"   To which I say of course you need balloons for your birthday and she says, "Yeah we know Ahma!" and says something about her mom and Aunt Autumn not knowing...or being crazy or some such think and that only her and I remember things.   To which I hear opposition from  her mother!    But then when discussing what I  had for breakfast I tell her I didn't have milk for cereal and she informs me that I need to get some milk today because she is coming to my house today!   To which I am so excited.   My kids will be coming shortly!

And so I continue on with my theme...and I think of one of my favorite songs...You can't always get what you want...but if you try sometimes you just might find you get what you need!   But I think of a special friend who is working on her dream...what is it..."living the dream!"    Why her dream would be to get up early every morning so others can have delicious doughnuts (and More) and make her special coffee...I don't know...but Trud has always been a special one...This is how I first remember her...she was usually my baby...I love this old Polaroid of her and her mom...

Years have passed yet she still has that special something something that just makes you smile...I wonder if she still has some of those red boots!

And so tomorrow...Saturday...June 15, 2013...after much hard work...my friend Trudy is opening her dream...how many of us get to say that!   The Bunkhouse General Store...coffee...baked goods...and all sorts of cool stuff.   I am so excited for her and so proud of her....probably not as excited as she...though she might just be tired about now...but last night we got to "try out" some of the specialties...we had the sandwiches that were awesome...I think it was the homemade bread...or the "real" meats...or the special sauces...OR...the apple pie alamode...it was all so good!   I hope you all get a chance to try it out...AND those are only part of the signature Bunkhouse items...Fresh roasted COFFEE...Trudy shared a couple of videos that just made me laugh...You will have to determine yourself on the coffee...


But this one is about how excited Trudy was...and why shouldn't she be!!!


So I caught a pic of Trudy and her pal...and I thought it seemed to capture the feel...just grabbing a cup a joe while hanging out with your friends.   So may God bless you Trudy on this endeavor and I encourage you to stop in tomorrow if you happen to be in Fowler, Colorado.  


A lot of hard work has gone into this...the shepherd even got in on some of the fun with Mr. Hardy...not sure if these two should really spend a lot of time together...




And Kelly...I couldn't resist...because I had to include this pic even if Doris might be a little blurry...BUT we know you are a hard worker...and this proves it...



You have put so much hard work into this and now it is time for the fun part...I found this pic Trudy of our mom's giving the high five...way to go Trudy...just thought of friendships...


There is a special picture hanging above the cool red couch...of Trudy's dad...as you sit there and enjoy the WIFI...and I bet old Curtis is smiling...like the commercial for suits say...I think you're gonna like the way you feel...



So here is to an awesome day...and many more!   Love you Trud and know others are gonna love your dream...thanks for sharing it! 

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment