Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The next 30 years...Happy Birthday Heather!

As I sit here in the quiet of a hotel room...I know exactly where I was 30 years ago...I was hanging out in a hospital...WAITING...waiting for my life to ever change...but change for the better...all the same!

Waiting the arrival of one PRINCESS...our Heather...and I wonder where the 30 years have gone...from holding one precious little baby in my arms...who had to hang out her first years in the dairy barn...Of course some days I get glimpses of her...in another form...a little blond-haired blue-eyed girl that has so much looks of her mama.

I had thought I would include pics of the last 30 years...of playing with puppies...her fishing with my dad...playing ball...(any kind of ball...remind you of anyone).   But as I said...I am not at home and of course I wouldn't have thought of getting it done ahead of time.   So we will celebrate this one BIG...TEXAS STYLE...

I mean on the way here...I show one little Firecracker a plane and tell her that will be us and she says, "I didn't know Texas was in the sky."   And as we are driving a long she says everyone stand...yes she is in her car seat and I in my seat...but sheesh can't you guys pretend...ANYWAY after we pretend to stand in the back seat of the truck...she puts her hand over her heart...and yes she is wearing her "Daddy shirt" so right there on her heart is a picture of her daddy...but she begins to sing...Amarillo by morning...up from San Antone..."   Yes that is the main even of this trip...George Strait's farewell tour...but while we are here...they had talked of all the rain received before we got here...but yesterday was good...

I bet some of you thought I found some pictures of Heather at 3...NO this would be one little Izzybell excited to go on vacation...yes her mama was a lot like this...an I CAN DO IT MYSELF girl...


I catch a pic of them...on the plane...and I think what a beautiful pair of girls I am blessed to have in my life...that I am thankful that 30 years ago...that we would wait and wait and then one little baby girl would decide she wanted her own day finally at 11:39 p.m....after all day saying maybe I'll come later...not sure if I want to right now...but when she came she came with much urgency...that it was time...much like now when she makes up her mind...look out...


What a gift...these two share...this would be right before taking off...one little San Antonio Hard Rock bear buckled in for the flight...holding tight to mama's hand...before we got a little nervous on the takeoff...but they got each other's hands...no worries...


And much like my daughter has always been...on the way here...she is the one giving the gifts...loading up one little girl with presents to open on the way...I love this pic as it captures the gift...but it also is what a special mama she has become...but those who know them..probably picked up on the ear rub...


Because she may have had ulterior motives maybe...


Knowing full well that this would give one little Peanut...lots of energy and that it did...but so far an amazing time...and it is only our first full day...

Before leaving Heather did get a special present from Jay's mama...after we had celebrated a memorial day...thinking of one of the things  I have watched my amazing daughter do with such strength and dignity...and perhaps some think I am a "bragger"...but I am very proud of my kids and I think sometimes more should tell their kids...WOW!  You are amazing!


 
I loved last night one little Izzy saying I am HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY...and I hope that today her mama's birthday will be just that HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!
 
 
 
So Happy Birthday to my daughter...you have been such a blessing to my life...and I remember thinking...how could I love anyone more...I shared this with Izzy telling her of when her mama was born and holding her in my arms and thinking...how could I love anyone more...and Izzy replied...me?   And though not more...she holds a special place...I have found that God gives us amazing people that only them and them alone can fill that special place in our hearts that is theirs...and theirs alone...SO HAPPY HAPPY Birthday...here's to may you have all "tinds of fun"...in your next 30 years!!!
 
LYAAA

No comments:

Post a Comment