Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Jay Bird day...


So this morning a beautiful sunrise as I sat in my blue kitchen...we have painted a darker blue...BUT Tim and I being Tim and I...instead of having one dark accent wall...we have one light accent wall :) OH WELL! What can I say...

As I drove to work this morning...I see flashing headlights in the distance and it takes a minute to register...oh yeah that is what the police cars do...those headlights aren't just blinking!  So I start to pull over as the State Patrol car was approaching. There were two vehicles and so I kind of motion to them that there was something coming...and of course when I see a cop car...I think of Jay. At the same time...Charles Stanley was speaking on the radio and he began speaking the words to I'll fly away...probably one of my all time favorites...it was sang at my mom's funeral...but it was one of those songs I remember being sung by my mom...my aunt...my grandma.   The voice on the radio I then hear talking of family...and how we need to appreciate what we have for someday they will be memories.  I'll fly away...perhaps one that I would like sung when I die...Hallelujah By and By...I love this version by Allison Krauss...not just because the style reminds me of my mom and my Aunt Betty..As the words just seem to speak to me so...and what's not to love of Allison Krauss...



As all of this happens and I am listening I see a bird soaring and I again think of Jay...and just that though we miss him...he is in a happy place...and I drive a little further and come upon Crowley and there sits a set up for I am assuming a truck weighing stop...and there are several vehicles and I think those look familiar...and sure enough I notice State Patrol units...and I see standing there one of the Bandy's.   And again...I think of Jay.  

So I get to work and I realize that I missed a phone call from my brother, Shane.    But he leaves a message and sometimes he leaves the best messages...He tells me of how he and Jo were in the hot tub this morning and the birds were just carrying on...they had received an awesome rain. He tells me Jo says it makes you think of and at first I think he says Timothy Bird Walk...and I think I can not place that so I ask Mary who tells me...Tennessee Bird Walk...to which we look it up...and yes there was the joy...the WMC...we find a video that has Jack Blanchard and Misty Morgan...that sang it in 70's...However, I find this video and so I put it in...a reminder to laugh...



I come to work and Bob and Alice (the doves) have in fact kicked the sparrows out of the nest and are taking possession...sometimes God gives us birds...There is beauty all around us that makes us think of those we love...whether we can see them or not.    We can feel them...

And I notice this picture on my daughter's profile.....



and I am reminded that another police officer has lost his life...and I think of the family and friends of Littleton Police Officer, Kevin Denner.   And I pray for them and think of them...and hope that they may have special memories...special days that they are reminded of their lost one...and pray for their peace!

lyp




No comments:

Post a Comment