Thursday, July 7, 2011

XTRORDINARY

So this morning at my kitchen table I was writing about having God there in the ordinary as well as the EXTRA ORDINARY times...but I like it when it is all one word and almost pronounced XTRORDINARY not just Extra Ordinary!  

I had read in my devotionals and was thinking about different things and the Shepherd comes in...So I proceed to remind him of something we both know...something that he really didn't need me reminding him...but I do it anyway.   And so he says, "I know".    And then he heads outside and there I was mumbling under my breath about something that is nothing when I should be enjoying my time.   But here I sit and start to write about this when I feel this STOP!   So STOP I did pretty much mid-sentence.  And so that is when I am lead to Matthew 7.   It had shown up in my readings with a different verse but it is like I need to read the whole thing.  And you know what it says in my study Bible first thing in bold print?   DO NOT JUDGE!   Oh sure hit me when I am naggy...knock me off the high horse I wanted to sit on...but then I know that it is meant that I read this so I look to see what else does it have...and who says there isn't stuff right there for you!!   And I sit there..."Are You talking to me?"   Matthew 7 in my study Bible New King James Version says: 
Do Not Judge

 1 “Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. 3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
6 “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

Keep Asking, Seeking, Knocking
   7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! 12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

The Narrow Way
   13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because[a] narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

You Will Know Them by Their Fruits
   15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

I Never Knew You
   21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Build on the Rock
   24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”
28 And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His teaching, 29 for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

And again with the board in the eye thing...But it goes on to say ask and you shall be given...(there is a LOT in this one chapter) but I ponder what it is that I ask for.   Well of course there is PROVIDENCE over my family and friends.  (I love that word...I think I want to make signs for it!)  

There are many things but it is brought up again...(NO I didn't bring it up!)  But the fact...well Penny, you haven't been doing as good as you were on the whole watching what you eat and exercise thing!   And that's when I come up with the being there in the ordinary as well as the XTRORDINARY!!   Sometimes we need strength for little things as well as the big.

So I ask for help in getting back on track... Then I look on Facebook and there is my friend Trudy writing, "Bike riding, walking, yoga, pounds lost....0....PRICELESS...#%&*&%#$!"   To which she replies to someone else again, "I'm not sure Deliza my knees are killing me and I am betting I would feel better with a margarita in one hand and a bon bon in the other sitting on the couch reading! At least I can breath when I tie my shoes though!"  So I am laughing because you see Trudy is my "Sister from another Mother and Father!"   I love that girl...but there is talk on there and I think well thanks some inspiration God from others...I'm not alone.

So my cousin Vonnie...not sure where this weight she had to lose is...but I am so proud of her for getting into good condition but she is in Project hmmm I think LGFW...now I can't remember what it was but it stands for LOOK GOOD FOR WEDDING or something like that...she is afterall the mother of the groom!   How exciting Bret and Kallie!   Anyway she puts on there: "Don't give up I went on www.myfitnesspal.com 1200 calories a day for a month before I lost any weight. Muscle weighs more than fat, so go by measurements instead of the scale!"   So again another one to get back onto myfitnesspal.  

Then I get an e-mail from a cousin and she is in this whole "Taz" (Tazmanian Devil) stage and you know I can almost feel her energy twirling off the computer...and what does she talk about???   "I feel that my personal path has been a way to balance mind, body and spirit. I do pretty good on the mind and spirit but the body takes a beating. I no longer want to be overweight and soft. I want to be fit and healthy, both inside and out. To achieve my goals, I need to be healthy and if Aunt ***** has taught me one thing its that sitting down and losing muscle tone is crippling."

I too want to balance my mind, body, and spirit...So now I am putting this on here as a way to kick myself in the pants a little more...besides everyone kept saying they read my blog and tears...so I was trying to change it up....but you know this one could bring some tears too at least for me!!   Anyway I am back on my quest...

I got on myfitnesspal and it has several posts but one says Pennify (that's what they...you know them guys my fitness PAL...that's what they call me...but that is a whole other blog...kind of a "pen" name if you will!) anyway it says I have not logged on for a month (a couple times).   "She might need some encouragement."   Well there you have it!   Consider me encouraged!

So here I go...feel free to join me...or I'll join you...or whatever works...but trying to figure out what I will do for exercise...because not sure on the 100 degree weather or the wind...plus I am counting on rain this afternoon...but don't you worry...I will get me some time in!

I decide I will stick a picture in but can't decide which one to put in when I come across the one below...I think that is another one of my speck and board things...to work on my procrastination...so off I go to fill up my water bottle and go for a walk...ttfn!


So before I post this there is this beautiful rumble outside...and the rain falls down and I say thank you Lord for these gifts that we are receiving!   And I think...this has been an XTRORDINARY day!  lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment