Monday, November 23, 2020

It's the least I could do...

 Sometimes in the early morning hours I lay there...part in sleep...part awake...in and out of prayer...many thoughts going through my mind...this morning was one of those mornings...the saying, "It is the least I can do".   Which put my mind in thought...of how often...this is the path I take...the least I can do instead of the "most" I can do.   Perhaps sometimes these are one and the same...yet usually they are not.

As of late, I have been touched by the loss of two special people...one a special friend...the other married to a special friend.    I being sick was unable to go be with them in person...not able to hug and comfort these special people...so I send texts and messages...the least I could do.   Yet I am reminded I also said a prayer which many times is the very most I can do.   

When I thought of this line...I was reminded of a writing in Matthew 25...of people saying when did we see You hungry LORD?  When did we see you thirsty?    And His reply was when you did it to the least of these...sometimes least is more...I a least...you a least...and in this writing it writes this thought two different ways...when you did it and then when you didn't...yet saying the same thing...


Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching...the harvest is upon us...I read more of this writing...these "letters" if you will...of the sheep and the goats...of being prepared with our oil and lamps...of using talents...A lot to think on as I read these words that seem to speak to my soul.

As I write...I listen to Crowder singing, "Get ready...all the stories are true."   These "stories"...these words that have taken life within me...me...the least of these...yet Jesus died for this least of these who shares her story...but it wasn't the least He could do...it was the "MOST" He could do...


TODAY'S FORECAST...Is it the least...or the most I could do?

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment