Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Moments of kindness...

And so yesterday I got a copy of an e-mail from my daughter...a proud mama moment she said...and I went on to read that the Firecracker would be presented with a "Kindness award".     I took it that it was voted on by the other kids...but it was a surprise to be presented at the assembly today.   Her mom snuck to the assembly and said Izzy caught sight of her...turns out Izzy was told by a friend that she must be getting it because the parents show up...and I think about the parents showing up and how proud of my daughter I am...and wishing that another could be there and feel a part of him was there...

And though I missed getting to go watch...her mom caught a picture...and I think how she just keeps growing up on us...almost ready for the 2nd grade...and I wonder where the time does go.


But it was one of those moments that I must say a proud Ahma moment not only of my granddaughter but for her parents and all those that have shown this thing called...Kindness...one of those fruits...one never knows how our little ones are when they are not under our watch.  I know she not perfect...though I still think a special gift to be chosen for a kindness award...just makes your heart smile. I think of how she  makes me think of her mom...but then I see things of her dad.    How I know he would be proud of her receiving such an award...as we all are.    I love that they acknowledge kindness...and I look at my rocks that have the fruits of the spirit...and think something we could all work on...

There is a song by Tim McGraw and think that seemed to come to mind Humble and Kind...even if no one is keeping track...

Humble and Kind (you have to click on the link)

But for now...just wanted to stop and say we love that Izzy Bell...and how she just brings special joy to us all.  So good job Izzy Bell...Ahma is proud of you...

lya

No comments:

Post a Comment