Sunday, September 28, 2014

Hear ye...Here ye...it's Izzy Day...

I sit here reflecting on the day...Izzy day!   This was proclaimed last night but one tired little Firecracker that yesterday was LaLa day and that today would in fact be Izzy Day!   Doing everything that Izzy wanted...we would start the day off with B's and G's on the menu...

So this morning I had an idea while laying in bed....to figure out some sort of sign proclaiming such...


And so upon awakening...I am called upstairs while I am in the kitchen making biscuits and gravy for one little princess...Well cooking the meat...Anyway I do my usual Fee Fi Fo Fum as I stomp up the stairs and then whatever rhyme I come up with usually finding one little "stinky" one as I sniff and search for one little Izzy Bell who is usually hiding under the covers...but today I proclaim "Izzy Day"...I then find her and sometimes wrestle...sometimes just visit...depending how awake she might be...

So I head back down to check on the biscuits and so the princess comes down and asks if she can help me...today she wanted up on the counter to help and asked if she could put the flour in and then was ready to stir as well...





...we share breakfast with Tim's cousin Ed...and a good morning of my house full...my kids home...and then the boys off doing "chores" and Heather going to shower and Izzy with instructions for a bath or shower to race her mom says, "Ahma the sooner we get my bath over the sooner we can play"...and so we get a bath in...actually she went to the ocean...there living a dolphin...a baby whale...a baby alligator...a baby octopus and what I say a sea turtle she says as she holds it up..."Ahma it's a crab"...to which I stand corrected and say I didn't know there were tea cups in the ocean.   Izzy says people lose tea cups in the ocean all the time...I had no idea...we floated them around and then when it comes to wash hair...we play where I welcome her to IHOP...well today it was Olive Garden because the "soup" of choice was chicken noki...I go to look up the spelling and perhaps it has gnocchi...she really doesn't care as much for the noki part...but that is another story.   I tell her welcome and ask if she would like soup and then I dump it on her...she enjoys the game as do I because there are days...she wants to do herself.   Then when it is time to soap...I spill ice cream all over her and we wipe off with a rag...how I treasure these moments...

After getting out of the tub...we dry off singing "Rock me Ahma like a wagon wheel"...then we get a few moments to which we play Mr. Fox what time is it...we sneak up while her mom is getting around and get past the bathroom door without being seen.  I was with Spy Girl you know.  She made me invisible.   We run to the bedroom find clothes to which her mom comes in and we are hiding behind the bed...her mom goes about her business...and we sneak out...

Earlier we had changed the goose...went ahead and did Halloween because I was informed that she would not be here for Halloween but would be doing trick or treating and "such"...I love when she uses this word...But I have her pose after she had went scavaging the house for coins to fill  her bank...her mom had cleaned out an old desk finding ALL kinds of pencils...a treasure you know!


And so after lunch having her choice...TACOS...accompanied by Oppy's homemade salsa with tomatoes picked from the garden...One little Firecracker tells Oppy that she wants to help him do stuff...and so since her ride with Uncle LaLa is about to leave...her and Oppy go check out his calves while her uncle works on ridding a few of the pigeons and her mom finishing packing out...I choose to stroll around with my camera and snap just a few more fleeting moments of IZZY DAY!

Gathering rocks...a shared love...

in her boots since she is helping Oppy!


Hands on our hips...


Catching a turn around and smile...


Uncle Lance on patrol...

Loves her mama!


And a few pics on our Hoopee rock...


Bocephus hanging out watching us all...


And I catch one last pic of those beautiful blue eyes as we find some juice for the road...

 
 
A good Izzy Day indeed!   But like I told Lance this morning about having an Ahma day...every day is an Ahma day...especially days as this...

lya

No comments:

Post a Comment