Wednesday, October 23, 2013

It just matters that you baked...

And here I am almost two weeks later and I still have not finished this...but one I want to finish...I had a home sick day or is it a homesick day...but I pick up where I left off...

I sit here in the silence of my house and think about it being my mom's birthday (October 11)...She would have enjoyed being here...all but one of her grand kids are in my house tonight...my house is full...my quiver runneth over!

I reflect on my day yesterday...I got to go to Limon and Oppy and I were greeted by a little girl trying to get her underwear on...yes she was full of it.   We got to hang out with her and Ethan and then go to that place that has chili for lunch with her mom!  You might call it Wendy's.   Later we were to go to a "birthday party" for Aunt Autumn at the Pizza Hut...I decide to take a break from this and start anew tomorrow...sweet dreams!   And so that was all I wrote at that time and so I go back a little further to when I started...and then I tried to pick up from there.

Hanging out with an Izzy Bell and cousin Ethan and Oppy...right  now the Firecracker has crashed...she fought the hard fight...but she crawled up by her buddy Ethan and it was lights out...because he wouldn't make her take a nap "on purpose" like Aunt Autumn.

 
 
It was a busy day for her...playing with Ethan...these two are quite the buds!   I love how Izzy can make any of us act younger...
 
 
 
 
helping Oppy...she about wore out herself and all of us around her...running back and forth from the living room to the bathroom.  Oppy do you need some help?  Until finally he told her that she could hold the screws for him...I loved her outfit...garden boots and all!
 
 


 
 
Time with family is one of my most treasured gifts and time with one little Firecracker is such a joy...As Izzy and I were on the front porch at her house...she was going to make a dirt cake...I was distracted for a bit taking pictures of  her.  But it was almost like she was putting on a cooking show to some audience unseen...she was showing how to cut sticks...I think she was in to baking because her and her mom had made Aunt Autumn cupcakes...It is always easy for me to remember Autumn's birthday as she shares the date with my mom...anyway Chef Isabel gave quite the demonstration of how one should properly cut sticks...using a shovel of course!




It is a special process one must go through in order to cut sticks correctly to eventually take over to the actual dirt cake making area...that would be her little red Radio Flyer...that she has filled with dirt...


It was during this time that she gave me the following words...words that seem beyond her four years of age...Words that are more than just baking to me.   It is as though she is talking away to an audience that seemed to be more than just me.   She says...

"It doesn't matter what you bake...it doesn't matter who you are...it just matters that you baked."  Izzy Sheridan 10/10/13

I find a picture of her in one of the aprons as she hung out at my house...and I add her quote there...


I smile thinking about how she likes to wear these aprons when she comes to my house and she likes to help me cook in it (even though these also work great for painting).   We were making a "Sunday Something Different" (in which her uncle who had put on the apron Izzy was wearing and so she needed another) but he was concerned that I might be one teaching her to cook...he had asked what sides we were having with our hamburger patties...to which Izzy replied we will just keep adding stuff...huh Ahma...yes that's  my girl...even though her uncle was less than comforted!   But again...I love how she can get these guys to do things...to "bake"...or paint...or whatever might be...because after all it doesn't matter what you bake...It doesn't matter who you are...It just matters that you baked!




lya

 

No comments:

Post a Comment