Monday, September 2, 2013

And summer has gone...or has it?

Usually the arrival of Labor Day seems to be a sign that says Summer is over!   Back to school...plants are beginning to show their time is near...yet today it is 97 degrees at least...I have been hanging out laundry and it seems to dry as quick as the next load is washed.   Solar dryer...And you know me as I am out hanging out clothes I might get distracted...I caught Bo hiding out in the Hollyhocks...trying to find some shade.   Not sure why he insists that the hollyhocks is the coolest place to be.  Oh the dog days...


I have piddled off and on and have enjoyed the long weekend home but must say I have been distracted by the Walton's marathon on...Oh there is things to do while I watch...but I told the Shepherd...that's what I love about the Walton's...they solve the world's problems in an hour!  

Actually my thought here was not to put up the pictures of the peppers...or the clouds...or the tomatoes...though they did catch my attention....



Hidden Treasures...
And so today is my cousin Vonnie's birthday...(that would be Yvonne to many...but it just didn't even seem right coming off my tongue)...but HAPPY BIRTHDAY all the same...I posted a pic of her and a couple of her brothers and me and my brother...you might tell Doris Day was my inspiration!   But Vonnie was so cute as she is still...Kelly was cool...as he still is...Tracy was Tracy...and Shane...down under the chair...always there but never one to take the center...as he is still!  Fun Times...Happy Birthday CUZ!



My actual thought on here was to wish a belated Happy Anniversary to an "OLD" friend...but you know me and my bike rides...and so anniversary yes...34 years...and for some reason I always think that she was married the end of September not the first...but I should recall I was in her wedding after all...she just wanted to get married...so young...right out of high school...and now 34 years later and they are still hanging in there for the "for betters" and "for worses" and I wish them many for betters!    Which they now have the cutest little grandson that seems to have just lightened them both up.  He is a cutey.   Anyway, Phyllis put up some of her pics last night...so young we all looked...so young we all were...








And there is a cool one of her and her cousin Mike...quite the buds...


But there was also one she included that had the whole wedding party...and I seen that not only Phyllis and Pete were much younger...BUT the part that caught Phyllis and I...was if you look in the other room...there is my dad...and I think my mom from the back...



Sometimes you look at old pictures of yourself and wonder what would she think of me now?   I remember us working on the wedding.   Phyllis' aunt Betsy took us out to lunch and it seemed like it had to do with the flowers.   I remember the reception held down on the Arizona Land and Cattle...and Tom Spencer giving a goat for the party...GOAT...I remember Pete's brothers trying to convince me to eat it...and now here we raise them here on the farm...though I still don't eat it.  It seems we had the party in the old quanset...I can still smell the smells of the feed in there...Thirty four years...time flies...

So Happy Anniversary my "old friend"...I KNOW not as old as I.   You were a beautiful bride...and now a beautiful Grandma!!!    God Bless!

And so I see Bo who is a little tired in this heat...or maybe me taking pics...we will go with the heat.



So I suppose I should get back to laundry...or doing something else...though I am thankful for this time!






lyp
 

No comments:

Post a Comment