Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spring has sprung...or is it still springing?

Today...the first day of SPRING!   I have been waiting for this day.  I must say I LOVE SPRING...though often here in Colorado you don't blink or you might miss it.  Sometimes it seems there is winter and then all of a sudden summer and the spring is missed!    

I took a picture the other day when we were out getting pictures of lambs...and I love this one because I think it is March in like a lion out like a lamb...or is it Spring...NO I think it is March...but I loved this picture...because these lambs aren't just your little docile sweet little lambs.   These guys are packing some attitude...gotta love that in a lamb...or people really.   To not just be this little lamb sitting there fragile...but one that says...catch me if you can!


And I have another lamb picture that probably illustrates more how I am than like these that I would like to be strong hitting the ground running...going head on with whatever is in front of them...


Yes this is probably me more often...oblivious to what might be around me...oh yes content...but oblivious all the same.   OBLIVIOUS:  "not aware or not concerned about what is happening around one".   Hmmmm maybe not oblivious...I am concerned...but if I close my eyes will it go away...aaa nooo...

I think of a song that I really like and have liked for a long time and must say when we heard Lady A...I enjoyed them singing it as well but I go to find the video and do I use the Avicii version or not. But I come upon this video and featuring the song sung by Aloe Blacc...and I think how often we do turn the other way.   I talked to a guy yesterday that is my age...you know he is getting up there...but he and his wife are adopting two little ones.  WHY?   Because someone needed to love them.   I heard of another family that took on like 5 kids.   And I think what amazing gestures.  And here at times I don't even do the tiny little things that don't require much...


So wake me up I think...and this morning at my kitchen table in the darkness of the morning...though today the first day of spring and I find a definition from almanac.com equal darkness and light...

On the first day of spring—the vernal equinox—day and night are each approximately 12 hours long (with the actual time of equal day and night, in the Northern Hemisphere, occurring a few days before the vernal equinox). The Sun crosses the celestial equator going northward; it rises exactly due east and sets exactly due west

But as I sat at my table I seen the MORNING STAR...I laugh to myself because I had just heard someone talking about the "morning star" yesterday and thinking I really do not know much of it...but I go to take a picture of it of course.   As I go out in the darkness with promise of light coming...I hear a wrestling sound...it is Bo.   Looking at me as to why did you wake me up but he watches me try to take a picture.   I have not mastered settings as this but I get my camera to go and it is one in which holds the lens open longer to capture...and so it is a shaky one but does make the star stand out...


So though shaky as in much of my ways of learning and this picture doesn't show how dark it really was...which is kind of cool...but the verse that I found of the morning star:

"...which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts." 2 Peter 1:19

And I hear in the song "Wake me up"... "life will pass me by if I don't open up my eyes...all this time I was finding myself and I didn't know I was lost!      I tried carrying the weight of the world but I only got two hands...Life's a game made for everyone and love is the prize!"   "So wake me up I think...when I am wiser and I'm older..."   And he repeats..."I didn't know I was lost"...and I think of my faith..   I listen to the song again..."Feel my way through the darkness guided by a beating heart...I can't tell where the journey will end...but I know where to start..."

I take a look at Jesus Calling for the day...and I think of winter is gone...the cold dark days that settle in our minds at times...

"I shower blessings on you daily, but sometimes you don't perceive them  When your mind is stuck on a negative focus, you see neither Me nor My gifts.  In faith, thank Me for whatever is preoccupying your mind.  This will clear the blockage so that you can find Me."

Spring has sprung...WAKE ME UP!!!   Hmmmm I sound kind of like I might be a grizzly bear!

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment